Sunday, July 17, 2011

How do I avoid negativity when I felt judged on a date?

I went out with an guy who I thought was such a gentleman, classy, and genuine. The first time we met we get along sooo well, it was "to natural".During dinner, it felt like a freakin job interview. I know you're supposed to get to know each other but dang, I wasn't expecting to get asked all these "wifey" questions and get judged on it. I am who I am and will not apologize for it but the whole time, he made it seem like my answers weren't "good enough" or not what he was looking for. I'm a lady, good girl, friendly/easygoing, gets along w. everyone. I'm not your average woman, I'm me. And here's this guy, asking, "do you get along w. your co-workers? are you an angry person?" WTH?! I appreciate honest/straight forward people but really? Even if I did give him "answers" he was looking for, you're not really gonna get these answers unless you back it up with experience and observation. It's like "oh she didn't give me the answers I wanted, that saved me such heartache." He just made me feel like I wasn't "good enough" and came across as judgmental and it's like he kept asking questions to make sure he didn't get hurt. Like, "if i get these answers, i'll know if she'll screw me over or not..." He never called. Maybe it's a blessing. It's been a while and in my head, any respectable person would not want to be w. someone so judgmental and have a "job interview" experience but I can't help but be a bit traumatized by it still. I think it's because I didn't go through the motions; I avoided feeling rejection bc I was afraid it would make me feel worse and lead me on a path of self-wallowing and self pity. (I USED to be like that before and took rejection badly but for the past 2 yrs, I've been surprisingly better about it). All I know is that I'm a busy gal and I don't like people being indecisive and wasting my time. I'm just tired of guys who are so interested but never completely pursue me all the way...i deserve better... He expected me to literally be this "perfect" girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment